Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dear George

Dear President Bush,

I know that these are difficult days for you. With the democratic takeover of the house, it must not be easy. I am here to remind you to be strong and please, stay true to the just and moral path in which you believe in. It is the correct path. Whether we are discussing Iraq strategy or economic policy, be true to your beliefs and the path of conservatism. It is the way which will lead to continued prosperity for Americans that choose to take advantage of the great opportunity afforded to its citizens (and also non-citizens) that live in our country. It is the way which will lead to security for our nation, peace through victory, peace through destruction of our country's enemies.

I have been hearing whispers, merely murmurs maybe? The setting of dates to end the Iraqi conflict. The rolling back of the payroll tax. Rule changes in the house, commissions to be set up, investigations and such. Don't let it happen, Mr. President. The Democrats preach bipartisanship, but they don't mean it. They only preach bipartisanship when it serves to get them votes. Now that they have power, the will not for one second let you shine and try to block you from serving your country in the manner that a President should.

I know things are hard. For 6 years the press has hounded you; called you names and questioned your ability to lead. I don't know anyone who could have handled it the way you have. The curses and the insults. Being blamed for everything from terrorism to global warming. It has been a hard road, but at every turn you held your optimism and more importantly, your conservatism, above the jibes and insults. You knew your path was true and it gave many Americans hope.

So now I urge you, George, please do not give in now. Do not give way to Iraq, future needs for action in Iran, the overall strategy in the war on terror and conservative domestic policy. The Democrats have the congress but you are still our President. Don't be fooled by talk of bipartisanship, the Democrats don't play nice. They never have and they never will.
In closing, over the years there has been way too much negativity written about you. I will in these final lines write something positive. Thank you for being the man that this country needed in our times of trouble. Thank you for having a vision for the future and sharing that vision with the people who were willing to see it. Thank you for your service to this great nation. I do not know where we would be today without you. I remain,

Sincerely,

Joey Goze

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home